People often contact MDP + Partners with an idea about a project they have in mind, but are unsure of how to get started. Common questions we receive are:
- How much will it cost?
- What will the county council allow us to do?
- How much square footage can I build?
- Is it feasible?
- How many units can I build?
- How much parking do I need to provide?
- What is the process?
- How long will it take to get planning or build?
- I have a site / want to buy a site/ want to lease a property. – What can I do with it.
Better preparation saves time and money
Assessing your needs and options before the design phase is vital if you want your Project to be delivered on time and on budget. It’s a bit like getting the diagnosis of your doctor, before deciding on the adequate treatment. In order to assess the feasibility of your business requirements and their financial implications, we have developed our Needs and options Review. By means of this extensive report we help you fully understand your requirements plus the constraints and potential roadblocks of the project. Because we know from many years of experience: spending some extra time planning things carefully, always pays off.
How much does it cost?
For commercial projects, the cost of this ‘Needs and Options Review’ can only be determined following an initial consultation which may be coupled with a site visit if appropriate. We will charge a fixed fee plus travel for the initial meeting so that at all stages you are in control of outlay for professional fees and have clear preview of any commitments before the next stage commences. The initial scoping meeting will cost €150 per hour plus vat (23%), €50 per hour plus vat travel, €100 plus vat for the written quotation and invoicing.
Our Vision and Strategy Review includes
- An introductory meeting (or Skype conference if you’re not in the country),
- A visit to the site and an extensive report, outlining your requirements in terms of space and quality, analysing planning restrictions that apply in your area, and suggesting design strategies.
- It includes a high level cost budget.
- Outline of consultants needed for the project and outline professional fees.
- Sustainability options and overview
- Project Schedule: Develop a preliminary project schedule. The schedule will include a timetable from design to planning.